This recipe was the result of a quick Google search, and is here as of this writing. The below is a local copy, just in case that moves, with my own modifications. In particular, steaming didn’t work at all, so this recipe calls for frying.
- 6 shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 3 C green cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 C purple cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 4 medium green onions, chopped
- 1 t grated gingerroot
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 T soy sauce
- 1 T sesame oil
- 30 wonton wrappers
- 1/4 C soy sauce
- 2 T prepared horseradish
- 2 t grated gingerroot
- 1 t sugar
- 1.5 t rice vinegar
- Mix and refrigerate sauce
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat with the oil. Add mushrooms, ginger, and garlic and stir until mushrooms begin to soften.
- Add green and purple cabbage, carrots, and green onions and stir-fry about 4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add soy sauce, and stir to cool.
- Place about 1 T of cabbage mixture in the center of each wanton wrapper, brush edges with water, and fold to form a triangle. Pinch the folded edges together.
- Fry wantons over medium heat with some oil, moving frequently to prevent them from sticking.