- 2C vegetable broth
- 1.5C water
- 1.5T butter
- 1/3C onions
- 1T minced garlic
- 1T Arborio
- 2C chopped tomatoes
- 1/3C Parmesean
- 1/3C fresh basil, finely chopped
- Warm the broth and water in a small pan.
- Soften the onions and garlic in the butter using another, larger pan.
- Add the rice to the onions and coat with butter.
- Add the tomatoes to the onions and rice and cook, stirring, until the tomatoes soften.
- Add the warm broth, a cup at a time, to the rice mixture. Each time, stir until the rice has absorbed the liquid completely and no longer “flows” back across the bottom of the pan while you stir.
- Add the parmesean and basil and stir to combine.