- 1-1/4 cup oatbran
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 cup dried or fresh cranberries (or raisins)
- 3/4 cup walnut or pecan pieces
- 1/4 honey or brown sugar
- 14 oz. unsweetened applesauce (organic is best, or make your own)
- 2 egg whites
- 2 Tbsp oil (I use olive oil)
- 1/4 cup soy milk (I use vanilla)
Sometines I also add one small, diced apple
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Adjust consistency to a thick batter by adding more oatmeal or soymilk.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins.
- Bake at 425 degress for about 15 minutes.